1. You’re having a tequila-themed bake-off.
Mix in some Irish cream and vermouth to create legendary Apocalypse Now shots.
2. Your margarita costume has no tequila in it.
Build yourself a Chili Margarita. Made with jalapeño and pineapple chunks, it’s sure to keep things colorful.
3. You have to order tequila to get the Wi-Fi code.
If you’re taking a shot for Wi-Fi, you might as well get creative with an Orange and Cinnamon.
4. You’re meeting a client for drinks in Tequila, Mexico.
If you’re looking to woo a client, go for two watermelon-heavy Zapatos Nuevos. It’s Spanish for “new shoes” — exactly what you’ll be getting if you land the gig.
5. Your parrot speaks on your behalf, and the guy before you ordered tequila.
Have your parrot ask for some classic Sangrita chasers while he’s at it.
6. After months of speech therapy to improve your “Q” sounds, you’re making your big celebratory toast.
Test your tangled tongue with a Citrus Kiss. It’s made with orange juice, lemon juice, and grenadine.
7. You’re hosting a “millennial tea party” and already bought the cups.
Get the girls together with some Green Tea Margaritas made with tea-infused ice cubes. You’ll look super refined.
8. Your girlfriend has given you a very intense tequila-themed ultimatum.
“Te amo” = “I love you” = things are moving way too quickly. Recapture your bachelorhood with All the King’s Men — a manly cocktail made with ginger beer and lemon juice.
9. Your grandma said the nature hike lacked tequila.
Salute your adventurous grandma by ordering her a classic La Paloma. It’s Spanish for “the dove.”