1. New York’s J.R. Smith nailed this neat, off-balance jumper in the waning moments of the first quarter, but he was far from done.
2. Then, Smith forced this Celtics turnover on the ensuing inbounds pass.
3. J.R. Smith then did the most J.R. Smith thing he could do: nail an insane three to cap off the quarter.
4. Not sure what this is, but we won’t forget it any time soon.
5. Here’s the entire sequence, which might be even nuttier when seen in real-time.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.