The “Indian Rural Olympics” is a three-day competition held every winter in the Indian state of Punjab. It’s meant to represent a celebration of, well, rural Indian culture. This year was the 77th running of the games, and some of the events are simply astounding.
2. There’s cart racing! Seems totally safe.
9. How this man is not plummeting to almost certain injury is anyone’s guess.
10. Tens of thousands of visitors attend every year, and everyone takes the events very seriously.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire, and it got intense.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast ❄️