The “Indian Rural Olympics” is a three-day competition held every winter in the Indian state of Punjab. It’s meant to represent a celebration of, well, rural Indian culture. This year was the 77th running of the games, and some of the events are simply astounding.
2. There’s cart racing! Seems totally safe.
3. Then there’s an event that involves a tractor running over your body.
5. The guy trying to pull the tractor with his teeth seems to have the right idea.
6. Whatever event requires you to hold up 21 bricks with your teeth, this fellow’s a gold medalist.
7. Is holding up two more bicycles in your teeth more or less painful than the bricks? Let’s ask this guy!
8. Balancing a farm plow on your mouth? Don’t try this at home, kids.
9. How this man is not plummeting to almost certain injury is anyone’s guess.
10. Tens of thousands of visitors attend every year, and everyone takes the events very seriously.
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."