1. Here’s extreme unicyclist Lutz Eichholz. In 2010, he landed the highest-recorded unicycle drop in history.
2. These days, he gets his thrills by unicycling through the Dolomites in northeast Italy.
3. He was hooked after meeting an extreme unicyclist during a trip to China some years back.
4. Eichholz has been unicycling since he was nine, but he became tired with the same old routines and tricks.
“At first, when I was looking for something challenging, my friends and I took to the parks where skateboarders and mountain bikers were doing tricks,” he told a German newspaper.
5. Eichholz plans on retiring soon and completing a degree focused on urban planning.
6. With views like this, it’s hard to believe he’ll ever give up this extreme sport entirely.
7. Still, every time up the mountain is a risky proposition.
h/t Oddity Central
- At least 30 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- President Obama visited Oregon to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›