1. Here’s extreme unicyclist Lutz Eichholz. In 2010, he landed the highest-recorded unicycle drop in history.
2. These days, he gets his thrills by unicycling through the Dolomites in northeast Italy.
3. He was hooked after meeting an extreme unicyclist during a trip to China some years back.
4. Eichholz has been unicycling since he was nine, but he became tired with the same old routines and tricks.
“At first, when I was looking for something challenging, my friends and I took to the parks where skateboarders and mountain bikers were doing tricks,” he told a German newspaper.
5. Eichholz plans on retiring soon and completing a degree focused on urban planning.
6. With views like this, it’s hard to believe he’ll ever give up this extreme sport entirely.
7. Still, every time up the mountain is a risky proposition.
h/t Oddity Central
- Russia won't "wage war" against Turkey after the shooting down of a Russian warplane yesterday, its foreign minister said. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›