1. Here’s rugby referee Chris Pollock, after being outfitted with the world’s first sanctioned in-match rugby cam.
2. The ear-strapped gizmo means Australian TV viewers can see match footage that was never possible.
3. They can see the scrum from way up close.
4. You can see Pollock explain one of his calls to a player four times his size.
5. You can even see breakaway runs as they develop from nothing.
6. Here’s a complete look at how this experiment came to pass.
7. Similarly awesome: Hockey ref cam. (NFL ref cam should be next up, please.)
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›