1. Playing in just his third career game, San Jose center Tomas Hertl had himself quite a night against the New York Rangers.
2. By scoring four goals, Hertl, who hails from the Czech Republic, made a bit of history.
ESPN Stats & Info
19-year-old Tomas Hertl of the Sharks: youngest player to score 4 goals in game since Jimmy Carson, 1988 Kings
3. But it was how he scored his fourth goal that blew hockey fans’ collective minds.
4. Oh nothing, just Hertl pulling off the ol’ back-between-the-legs-and-roof-it-past-the-goalie maneuver. WORKS EVERY TIME.
5. Really now, what is this?
6. After the game, Hertl powered his way through a valiant explanation of his feelings: “This is dream!”
7. Fans were euphoric over Hertl’s accomplishment.
I don’t always score four goals, but when I do, I go between my legs reverse backhand. #SharksHeadline
Fear The Fin
Tomas Hertl: so good he made ESPN remember that hockey is a thing. RT @trilljester Hertl’s fourth was #1 on Soortscenter’s Top Ten plays.
Hertl. Czech for filth.
Craziest thing about Hertl’s four-goal game? He played just 11:12
#SJS crowd chanting “Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl” for the 19 year old rookie. #TomasHertl
Guys, http://t.co/dK8d9orXph nailed it.
14. And Hertl Power in the NHL has only just begun.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- Congressional Democrats are urging the TSA to change its screening procedures for transgender passengers. ›