1. When Mellie walked in on Fitz and Olivia making out in the oval office.
And acted like it happens all the time. Because maybe it does?
2. Then Vice President Sally Langston confirmed she was splitting the ticket to run against Fitz, but staying on as VP in the meantime.
She wouldn’t want to let her country down!
3. Fitz solidified that his drinking may be a problem.
It’s not even noon…
4. And James teamed up with David to figure out what happened to Daniel Langston.
Even if it means destroying his husband. The Beenes really have a wonderful marriage.
5. Papa Pope threatened to destroy Fitz and his own daughter.
I’d be terrified too.
6. Publius tried to get a reporter to do his dirty work.
This texting is so House of Cards.
7. Sally explained how she didn’t kill her husband, but the devil did when it took over her body.
8. Then Charlie took Quinn shopping for her first “toolbox.”
This is a totally normal and healthy relationship.
9. And kidnapped a child after school.
Quinn might actually make a good babysitter. She did offer ice cream… Scratch that, Quinn would make a TERRIBLE babysitter.
10. And his mother lied to Quinn’s old friends in the next room.
Go back to OPA, Quinn!
11. Harrison found out the guy that wants to kill him (maybe?) is in the country.
Still not sure what is going on with Harrison’s backstory, but it sounds like this guy getting a visa is not a good thing.
12. Mellie staged a lunch with Olivia to make the press believe they’re friends.
Because friends don’t screw each others’ husbands.
13. Harrison stole Abby’s gun.
Despite Abby’s beliefs, turns out no one at OPA is normal.
14. Lauren was put in another situation she’s far too underpaid to deal with.
GIVE LAUREN A RAISE ALREADY!
15. An argument led to another Fitz and Olivia make-out session.
And I’m sure none of this has been caught on the Oval Office cameras or anything.
16. A lady in a trench coat prevented Harrison from shooting her by seducing him.
Um… who is she and where did she come from?
Update: The woman is Adnan Salif! The gun and ripping of clothes distracted us from this important reveal.
17. James planted a recording device in Cyrus’ office.
And will stop at nothing until he takes down that “MONSTER!” (The monster being his husband, Cyrus.)
18. Leo Bergen is doing something sketchy with Papa Pope.
Oh, Leo. How naive you are.
19. Jake and Olivia are faking dating.
Ya know, because they’re patriotic.
20. And yet another love triangle enters the mix.
Fitz’s new vice presidential nominee had a fling with Mellie. And appears to be still very much in love with her.
This should all end well!
Scandal airs Thursdays at 10 p.m. on ABC.
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›