1. Don’t be afraid to say what everyone else is thinking.
6. Believe in yourself.
Remember when Dr. Webber said only a few would survive the program? Obviously Cristina was making it through.
7. Know when to put someone else’s needs in front of your own.
…Even if it means missing a surgical learning opportunity.
8. And try to put your fears aside when someone else is even more scared.
Even in the darkest of hours, when your best friend might be dying.
12. Keep calm under pressure.
Even when you’re trying to save a man from bleeding out with a gun pointed at your head, you know?
17. Recognize when you should put a fight on pause.
Like if your best friend goes to watch a man be executed and can’t stop crying.
19. Share your experiences.
Like when you can empathize with a little girl about losing a parent and moving forward.
20. A good hug goes a long way.
‘Cause sharing (a shoulder) is caring.
23. Good things come to those who wait (and sing).
If your colleague gets an award and you’re forgotten about, just sing and wait and your time will surely come.
24. Never answer the phone without lipstick on.
Because you want to look nice if someone calls to offer you a nomination for said big award!
32. Never lie.
Because the truth will come out and the person you lied to will be devastated. Especially if you lied about the person operating on her mentor’s husband.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Boko Haram has killed 97 people at mosques in northeastern Nigeria, a government official told AP.
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat with a military background, is running for president.
- Tidal is now the only place you can stream Prince's music. He's pulled his work from other services, like Spotify.