1. Before you travel back to the 1920s with Ms. Daisy Buchanan, lets take a look at the star’s personal fashion choices.
3. Carey received her breakout role, and an Academy Award nomination, from the 2009 film “An Education.”
4. And at her first Oscars after her blockbuster success, she wore an amazing Prada gown that put her on everyone’s best dress list. She hasn’t really left that spot since.
5. Because, boy does she know how to dress!
6. She can rock Balenciaga when she needs to look punk.
7. She looks lovely in Lanvin.
8. She is maybe the only other person in the world that looks as good as Victoria Beckham in Victoria Beckham’s line.
9. She’s perfect in Prada.
10. She and Prabal Gurung are a beautiful match made in floral heaven.
11. She knows how to channel Kate Middleton’s poise when she is around the Queen.
Look at that curtsy!
12. She donates her gowns for charity.
This dress, which Mulligan wore to the 2010 BAFTAs (where she won Best Actress), was donated to OxFam.
13. She can multi-task: Here she is attending a gala for the Alzheimer Society (she’s an ambassador for the cause) and wearing a gorgeous Valentino gown.
14. She is a totally normal person and loves to wear Target.
15. She looks amazing with just fabric draped around her.
16. She knows how to mix red carpet sophistication with personal funk.
17. She can handle the beaded collar trend, with grace no less.
18. She makes plain (in terms of makeup and color) look really appealing.
19. She knows how to add some edge while still maintaining her style.
20. She has conquered multiple decades of trends.
Here she’s rocking a 1950s mod dress.
21. She’s so fantastic at dressing herself that editors want to style her instead of models for photo spreads.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Hidden-camera videos depicting abortion doctors discussing the use of fetal organs for research were deceptively edited to mislead viewers, analysis shows. ›
- Reporters across the U.S. are posting #WeStandWithWDBJ tributes on social media following Wednesday's on-air killing of two journalists. ›
- It's hip to not be square: Instagram's latest update will let you upload landscape and portrait photos 📷 ›