1. For starters, she could do a gazillion pull-ups because she was a total badass.
I did one in middle school one time.
2. Her eyes were two different colors and we immediately wished our eyes were two different colors.
4. No DOUBT, everyone on this planet wanted perfectly sun-kissed hair and a tan after this movie.
Sunscreen schmunscreen… Until I was 18, obviously.
5. Living life on the wild side was just her philosophy, plain and simple.
In hindsight, this was extremely dangerous. But we were like 14 when this came out, so whatever.
6. Kate was an actual superhuman fish lady.
Why run on grass when you can run on sand? Underwater. Carrying a rock. With your friends on your back.
7. Hey, she worked hard and she played hard. We respected that.
MAN, HE’S STILL SUPER HOT.
8. As someone who has literally never surfed a day in their life, this move made me say “whoa” out loud.
Who even knew this was a thing?
9. She stood up for herself when she needed to.
“This dress is nothing but incredibly stretchy fabric to me,” she probably said at some point.
10. She didn’t give a damn about materialistic things (besides fame and sponsorships and stuff).
11. She somehow managed to NOT shit her pants when she saw this coming towards her.
Cue big gulps.
12. In fact, she got her ass kicked by the ocean numerous times and still kept going back for more.
We would’ve been like “Peach, bitch. See you again, never.”
13. She essentially shakes the wave’s hand like it ain’t no thang and we all wanted to go swimming afterwards.
14. Her CGI face was really focused and we totally felt inspired by it.
15. She and her boyfriend were a sporty powerhouse couple and it made us want to get into sports and sporty men, obviously.
16. Also, wearing 4-9 hemp bracelets at all times was absolutely necessary after this moment.
17. Her friends, although overly pushy and aggressive most of the time, remained constant supporters.
And they made board shorts look cool as hell.
18. Finally, she was on the cover of this insanely awesome clip-art magazine.
Dropshadow + Color Gradient = Fancy
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.