1. This Disney version of Joss Whedon’s Firefly is incredible and it’s a thing that needs to happen.
(Check out the larger version of the illustration on artist Stephen Byrne’s Facebook page to fully appreciate its awesomeness.)
2. I mean, who doesn’t want to see a version of Firefly with a tiny and deadly River Tam?
3. Or Zoe and Wash together again? WITH A HORSE.
4. Or a real firefly as part of the crew? Is he the fiesty mascot of this band of miscreants?
5. And if that wasn’t enough, Byrne’s also imagined what it would look like if Whedon’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer was animated by Disney, and the results are equally as awesome.
6. Joss Whedon tweeted his approval of the art.
7. *Crosses fingers.*
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›