1. Peter Jackson and Orlando Bloom decided to commemorate Legolas’ last day on set by recreating the “They’re Taking The Hobbits To Isengard” viral video, which has been viewed more than 12 million times since it was posted in 2006.
2. Jackson posted the video — titled “Goodbye Orlando” — to his Facebook page with this message:
A day after saying goodbye to Gandalf and Tauriel, it was time to farewell Legolas. What a great day it was, with Orlando battling a serious Orc for all 12 hours of shooting - part of the Battle of the 5 Armies for the third Hobbit movie.
When we finally got the day done, we said goodbye to Orlando, had a couple of beers … and couldn’t resist doing this!
3. On Friday, Jackson shared an image of Ian McKellan’s last day of shooting. “Seconds ago we finished our last shot with Gandalf,” Jackson wrote. “The end of an incredible adventure that began in 1999. I’m feeling very sad right now.”
4. If you need to cheer yourself up after seeing that picture, here’s the original “Taking The Hobbits To Isengard” video for comparison.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail after posting bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store, sources tell BuzzFeed News.