1. Harry married Ginny Weasley. They had three children: James Sirius, Albus Severus, and Lily Luna.
“Kingsley became permanent Minister for Magic, and naturally he wanted Harry to head up his new Auror department… The Ministry of Magic was de-corrupted, and with Kingsley at the helm the discrimination that was always latent there was eradicated. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny et al would of course play a significant part in the re-building of wizarding society through their future careers.”
3. Hermione and Ron married and had two children, Hugo and Rose.
4. Draco Malfoy married Astoria Greengrass, the younger sister of Daphne. They had one son, Scorpius Hyperion.
5. After the death of his parents, Teddy Lupin was raised by his grandmother Andromeda.
“Unlike Neville Longbottom, who was also raised by his grandmother, Teddy had his godfather, Harry, and all his father’s friends in the Order, to visit and stay with.”
6. George Weasley married his Quidditch teammate Angelina Johnson. They had two children, Fred and Roxanne.
7. Harry, and eventually Ron, joined the Auror Department at the Ministry of Magic. Hermione became a high-ranking official in the Department Magical Law Enforcement.
” Harry and Ron utterly revolutionized the Auror Department at the Ministry of Magic… Hermione began her post-Hogwarts career at the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures where she was instrumental in greatly improving life for house-elves and their ilk. She then moved (despite her jibe to Scrimgeour) to the Deptartment of Magical Law Enforcement where she was a progressive voice who ensured the eradication of oppressive, pro-pureblood laws.”
8. Bill and Fleur Weasley’s first child, a daughter, was born on the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts. They named her “Victoire,” which means “victory” in French.
“The use of Dementors was always a mark of the underlying corruption of the Ministry, as Dumbledore constantly maintained.”
10. Ginny Weasley became a professional Quidditch player for a few years, then retired to become a Quidditch correspondent for the Daily Prophet.
“After a few years as a celebrated player for the Holyhead Harpies, Ginny retired to have her family and to become the Senior Quidditch correspondent at the Daily Prophet.”
11. Harry and Dudley made a point to see each other and get their families together as adults.
“Harry and Dudley would still see each other enough to be on Christmas-card terms, but they would visit more out of a sense of duty and sit in silence so that their children could see their cousins.”
12. Percy Weasley became an official in the new Ministry of Magic under Kingsley Shacklebolt and married a woman named Audrey. They had two daughters, Molly and Lucy.
13. Bill and Fleur Weasley had three children: Victoire, Louis, and Dominique.
14. Hermione went back to Hogwarts to complete her seventh year of study and her N.E.W.T.S. Harry and Ron did not.
“She would definitely, definitely go back. And she would want to graduate, and I think that she was- I mean,I love Hermione. She went with Ron and Harry because she has a really good heart. That’s not about brain. Ultimately, she had a bigger heart than she had a brain and that’s saying something for Hermione. But did she- Was she naturally drawn to battle? No, she wasn’t. She’s not a Bellatrix. She’s not a woman who actually wants to be hurting, fighting, killing. Not at all. She would be glad to go back to school, be glad to get back to study, and then would join [Harry and Ron] at the Ministry.”
15. Mr. Weasley eventually fixed Sirius Black’s motorcycle and gave it to Harry.
16. Luna Lovegood married Rolf Scamander, the grandson of naturalist Newt Scamander. They had two children, twin boys named Lorcan and Lysander.
“Nineteen years after the Battle of Hogwarts, the school for witchcraft and wizardry is led by an entirely new headmaster. McGonagall was really getting on a bit.”
18. Harry ensured that Severus Snape’s portrait was restored to its proper place in the Hogwarts headmaster’s office.
“[The absence of Snape’s portrait in the final scene of “Deathly Hallows”] was deliberate. Snape had effectively abandoned his post before dying, so he had not merited inclusion in these august circles. However, I like to think that Harry would be instrumental in ensuring that Snape’s portrait would appear there in due course… Harry would ensure that Snape’s heroism was known.”
19. Alice and Frank Longbottom never recovered — they lived out their lives in St. Mungo’s.
“I know people really wanted some hope for that, and I can quite see why because, in a way, what happens to Neville’s parents is even worse than what happened to Harry’s parents. The damage that is done, in some cases with very dark magic, is done permanently.”
20. Harry lost the ability to speak to snakes when the Horcrux inside him was destroyed.
“He loses the ability, and is very glad to do so.”
21. Firenze was eventually welcomed back into the centaur herd.
“The rest of the herd was forced to acknowledge that Firenze’s pro-human leanings were not shameful, but honourable.”
23. Teddy Lupin and Victoire Weasley became boyfriend and girlfriend.
24. Gilderoy Lockhart never recovered from the injuries he sustained in the Chamber of Secrets.
“Nor would I want him to. He’s happy where he is, and I’m happier without him!”
25. Neville Longbottom became the Hogwarts Herbology professor. He married Hannah Abbott, who became the new landlady at The Leaky Cauldron.
“To make him extra cool he marries the woman who becomes, eventually, the new landlady at The Leaky Cauldron, which I think would make him very cool among the students, that he lives above the pub. He marries Hannah Abbott.”
26. Dolores Umbridge was arrested, interrogated, and imprisoned for crimes against Muggle-borns.
27. Harry and Ginny’s children stole the Marauder’s Map and snuck it into Hogwarts.
“I’ve got a feeling [Harry] didn’t give [the Marauder’s Map] to any of [his children], but that James sneaked it out of his father’s desk one day.”
28. Harry, Ron, and Hermione became memorialized in Chocolate Frog cards.
“Ron will describe this as his finest hour.”
Harry Potter: The Second Generation
Top Row: James Sirius Potter, Victoire Weasley, Teddy Lupin, Dominique Weasley, Molly Weasley, Fred Weasley, Roxanne Weasley.
Bottom Row: Scorpius Malfoy, Albus Potter, Rose Weasley, Lorcan Scamander, Lysander Scamander, Louis Weasley, Lucy Weasley, Lily Luna Potter, Hugo Weasley.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.
- Greece has become the first developed country to miss a debt payment to the International Monetary Fund.