1. So you’re on the Interwebs and all you see is delicious food.
nom nom nom nom nom
2. “I could totally make this! This looks awesome!”
3. How hard could it be? You made that thing that one time.
4. Sure, your usual attempts at cooking sometimes end up…
6. First things first - buy the ingredients! Farmer’s market, here I come!
7. Oh, right. You don’t live anywhere near a farmer’s market. Local grocery store it is!
8. You can’t find anything. Honestly, it’s like they want you to fail.
9. Prices are just stupid. This hunk of beef is how much a pound?
10. You finally get your ridiculously expensive groceries home, and you have no idea what you were thinking.
Just… so many apples.
11. Okay, time to make some magic!
13. This is totally easy. No, you don’t know what chiffonade means. You also forgot to buy half the ingredients. And you forgot to bookmark the recipe. Improvisation is key.
14. You finally get everything all mise en placed, the oven is ovening and this meal is actually coming together.
15. And now every plate and utensil you own is in the sink.
17. But so what if you don’t have matching place settings and a beautiful table cloth..
19. You made it with your own hands! You turned ingredients into food!
21. You cooked, you succeeded, and now you can brag about it on Facebook.
Congratulations - you WIN.
- Five people were arrested as protesters gathered in Chicago after the release of a dash-cam video of the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›