1. Because you’ve survived the (multiple) polar vortexes and lived to tell the tale…
2. …and have shoveled your driveway for the 8,943,278th time.
And who knows how many more times… but you got this.
3. Because you are mentally and physically preparing for the spring forward of daylight savings.
4. Because you are giving up a good night’s sleep just to watch the live figure-skating events.
But let’s be real: seeing the triple axel the moment it happened was SOOOO worth it.
5. Because you’ve done extensive research to refresh your knowledge of curling…
It’s been a while…
6. Because you’re doing your best to stick to your New Year’s resolutions.
7. Because your kids have had one too many snow days.
You can only entertain them for so long…
8. Because you finally got around to returning those Christmas gifts just before the 90-day cutoff.
9. Because you are DETERMINED to see every… single… movie up for Best Picture.
You know… because you want to make sure the right one wins.
10. Because THIS YEAR you’re being responsible and compiling all your receipts early.
11. Because you have been patiently studying every basketball game in preparation for the perfect bracket.
There’s no messing around this time.