1. Wear sunscreen every day. Duh.
Did you know that even if your sunscreen is waterproof, you need to reapply every three or four hours? Your future face will thank you.
2. Wash your makeup brushes every couple of months.
You dirty girl! Those pesky little brushes can be the home to acne-causing bacteria. Do yourself a favor and keep ‘em clean.
3. Exfoliate every week.
Removing dead skin cells stimulates regrowth. And really, we all want to keep our “dead skin” to a minimum.
4. Make your own exfoliating scrub at home.
Check out this Brown Sugar and Coffee Body Scrub to make your skin simply glow like a freshly steamed mocha.
5. Or for sensitive skin, make a face mask out of oatmeal.
Here is an oatmeal, yogurt, and honey face mask. It’s literally like putting breakfast on your face!
6. Rub excess eye cream into your cuticles.
You know what they always say: If your eyes are the windows to to your soul, then your cuticles are the drapes to your hands.
7. Use a dab of aspirin to treat a pimple.
The anti-inflammatory chemicals in aspirin will reduce redness, and the salicylic acid is featured in many acne treatments. If you’re feeling really hardcore, check out this DIY Face Mask.
8. During the chilly winter months:
It will give you coverage and moisture. A double threat!