1. Ballerinas literally put their entire body weight on their big toes.
2. She is walking on two toes and making it look graceful. Two. Toes.
5. If this is not the most metal thing you have ever seen, you are a liar.
6. And they have enough muscle strength to kick straight through your spine.
7. But do not despair, ballerinas only use their powers for good. Like leaping seven feet straight up.
9. Naturally all this leads to some seriously messed up painful foot problems.
You can thank me later for using the least traumatizing ballerina foot photo on the internet.
11. But the show must go on, so they just fill in the gaps, ice their ankles, pop some Advil and go.
12. So the next time you see a ballerina float across the stage like a fairy princess…
14. Or move with a precision fluidity that borders on supernatural…
16. And you are tempted to scoff at such a girly, frivolous endeavor…
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."