1. Ballerinas literally put their entire body weight on their big toes.
2. She is walking on two toes and making it look graceful. Two. Toes.
5. If this is not the most metal thing you have ever seen, you are a liar.
6. And they have enough muscle strength to kick straight through your spine.
7. But do not despair, ballerinas only use their powers for good. Like leaping seven feet straight up.
8. Tigger wishes he could bounce this high.
9. Naturally all this leads to some seriously messed up painful foot problems.
You can thank me later for using the least traumatizing ballerina foot photo on the internet.
10. Spoiler: Your feet will not bend like this.
11. But the show must go on, so they just fill in the gaps, ice their ankles, pop some Advil and go.
12. So the next time you see a ballerina float across the stage like a fairy princess…
13. Or gracefully twirl with a smile on her face…
14. Or move with a precision fluidity that borders on supernatural…
15. Or make contortion look like it is no big deal…
16. And you are tempted to scoff at such a girly, frivolous endeavor…
- U.S. President Barack Obama said the United Nations climate summit could be a "turning point" in saving the planet. The talks in Paris include 196 countries 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›