1. Even Mother Nature knows what’s up with Florida*.
2. Everyone laughed when the Incans built in the mountains. Who’s laughing now?
3. Humanity’s need to build on coastlines is our downfall. Damn you life-giving water.
4. How long would it take that inland sea to turn desert into sustainable* farmland?
*Spoiler: Too long, Australia is doomed.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates are debating for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast on Saturday.