1. Cake Crumbs was asked by her sister to make an Earth cake to teach kids about its structural layers.
2. Which meant baking a vanilla buttercake inside a lemon sponge cake.
3. And then baking those cakes inside an orange sponge cake.
4. Then top it all off with chocolate buttercream icing.
5. Putting her home country front and center, she covered the buttercream layer with marshmallow fondant.
6. Each continent was handcrafted and then painted on with a gel paste mixture. The painting took over six hours!
7. But the finished product was a roaring success!
Pictured: The crust, mantle, outer core, and inner core.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›