3. There’s that one curlicue that JUST WON’T STRAIGHTEN no matter how many times you run the iron through it.
You even bought a thinner straightener to tackle those impossibly curly pieces next to your ears, but you still can’t get them to lie flat.
9. You spend WAY too much cash on straighteners.
You straighten your hair so frequently that cheap straighteners break within a few months. You’re willing to splurge on a high quality straightener because it should last you several years. (But whether it actually does is a different story.)
11. Borrowing someone else’s straightener is a risky move.
If it’s a cheaper brand than you own, you’re appalled by how many run-throughs it takes to straighten one chunk. If it’s a higher quality brand, you become addicted to its magic straightening power and will never view your lowly straightener the same way again.
13. You can’t use your straightener when you travel abroad because of the voltage difference.
If you don’t have a transformer, you buy a new straightener in the country you’re visiting rather than face a vacation (or god forbid, a whole semester abroad) sans straight hair.
17. Your straightener won’t heat up to the right temperature.
Too hot and you’ll fry your hair. Too cool and you’ll never straighten those kinks out. And if your straightener doesn’t let you set a custom temperature, you’ll use the standard setting and hope for the best.
20. You twist and turn in front of the mirror to see the back of your head, just in case you missed a spot.
Pro tip: With your back to the mirror, position a second mirror slightly diagonal from the first mirror. If you prop the second one up against a surface, your hands will be free to straighten any misbehaving strands.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates will debate Saturday at 9 p.m. ET on CBS for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast on Saturday.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.