1. The Problem: You were dumped.
Her Solution: Fixing your raccoon eyes. Dip a cotton ball in coconut oil and use it to wipe away mascara streaks and smudged eyeliner.
2. The Problem: You fell in front of everyone.
Her Solution: Removing the evidence from your knees, elbows, and so on. After a cut has healed over, rub coconut oil on the scar to gradually lighten it over time. This also works for stretch marks.
3. The Problem: Your hangnails are out of control.
Her Solution: Nourishing your cuticles. Coconut oil promotes nail growth and provides the perfect canvas for nail art.
4. The Problem: You rely on fast food.
Her Solution: Boosting your immune system and aiding weight loss. Vlogger Jenna Marbles swears by blending a spoonful of coconut oil into her breakfast smoothies.
5. The Problem: You’re trying to cook more.
Her Solution: Coconut oil can replace the vegetable oil or butter in most recipes. It’s also dairy free.
6. The Problem: You frequently heat style your hair.
Her Solution: Strengthening weak and dry hair. Rub melted coconut oil onto your scalp and roots, then let it soak in for three hours. It may take a few lather-rinse-repeats to wash all the oil out, but you’ll know it’s gone once your shampoo starts lathering up normally.
7. The Problem: Your hair won’t behave.
Her Solution: If you don’t have three hours to kill, try taming your flyaways with a small dab instead.
8. The Problem: You over-plucked your eyebrows.
Her Solution: Possibly encouraging hair growth. Apply coconut oil to your eyebrows and let it absorb overnight. Castor oil works for this as well.
9. The Problem: Winter dries you out.
Her Solution: Moisturizing dry patches. Rub coconut oil directly onto your dry skin for a few days and watch the flakes disappear.
10. The Problem: Your skin feels a little rough.
Her Solution: Exfoliating. Mix coconut oil with sugar or salt for an effective body scrub.
11. The Problem: You pulled an all-nighter.
Her Solution: Improving dark circles and bags. Applying a tiny amount of coconut oil around your eyes can even ward off wrinkles.
12. The Problem: Your smile isn’t sparkling.
Her Solution: Oil pulling, an Ayurvedic technique that involves rinsing your mouth with coconut oil. Supposedly it whitens your teeth and removes harmful bacteria.
13. The Problem: Your new boots are too stiff.
Her Solution: Softening the leather. Wipe your boots with coconut oil to help break them in. To be safe, test the oil on a small patch first.
14. The Problem: You forgot the bug spray.
Her Solution: Relieving itchy bug bites. Prevent hours of scratching by applying coconut oil directly to the bites. You can also combine it with peppermint oil extract to create homemade insect repellent.
15. The Problem: You’re broke.
Her Solution: Being dirt cheap. A 16-ounce jar of coconut oil costs around $8 or $9, and its uses are endless. Find it online or at your local health store.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.