Each year the Center for Science in the Public Interest hands out tongue-in-cheek “awards” to what they call America’s most unhealthy restaurant meals.
The dishes are ranked on a combination of factors: calories, saturated fat, sodium, and sugar. CSPI doesn’t judge every restaurant in America; it works from a list of the top 200 restaurants in America according to Nation’s Restaurant News, a trade publication that covers the restaurant industry.
Here are this year’s winners.*
8. Chevys Fresh Mex Super Cinco Combo: 1,920 Calories
Say you are able to exercise superhuman restraint and refrain from eating the free chips and salsa and instead opt to eat only your meal.
That will include:
• a beef enchilada
• a chicken enchilada
• a crispy or soft taco
• a pork tamale
• a chile relleno
• Fresh Mex rice
• sweet corn tamalito
• either the bacon refried beans or the vegetarian black beans
TL;DR: This plate is the equivalent of 11 Taco Bell Crunchy Tacos.
6. The Cheesecake Factory’s Farfalle With Chicken and Roasted Garlic: 2,410 Calories
You’re probably like, “Oh, look at that delicious bowl of pasta, chicken, pancetta, and vegetables in a lovely cream sauce. That sounds just lovely.” Well, sort of lovely, if you’d also like to go on a 1-million-hour jog afterward to burn it off.
1. Red Robin Gourmet Burgers’ Monster Meal: 3,540 Calories
A.1. Peppercorn Burger: 1,670 calories
1 Serving of Bottomless Steak Fries: 370 calories
Monster Salted Caramel Milkshake: 1,500 calories
Total: 3,540 calories, 69 grams of saturated fat (more than three days’ worth), 6,280 milligrams of sodium, and a serious bellyache
For more information on all of these meals, check out the full Xtreme Eating 2014 results.
- North Korea launched a rocket that the country said was carrying a satellite. Some critics think it was a way to test prohibited missile technology.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and the gloves were off 🇺🇸
- And Super Bowl Sunday has arrived. The Denver Broncos will take on the Carolina Panthers at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California at 6:30 ET 🏈