1. Salted Trail Mix Dark Chocolate Bark
The summer’s leftover trail mix becomes the fall’s power snack. Recipe here.
2. Apple Chips
Super simple and perfect for fall, when there are apples everywhere. Recipe here.
3. Healthier Oreos
Sure, they’re not as healthy as a piece of fruit, but they have a heck of a lot less sugar than the packaged kind. Recipe here.
4. Baked Veggie Chips
So good, you’ll have to try not to eat them all yourself. Recipe here.
5. Raspberry Oatmeal Cookies
This recipe uses honey instead of refined sugar (plus), whole wheat flour (plus plus) and, of course, protein-packed oats (FTW). Recipe here.
6. Baked Carrot Fries
Serve these “fries” hot for dinner and save the leftovers for a snack the next day. Recipe here.
7. Mango Fruit Roll-Ups
These babies have only one ingredient: mango. Prep them in 10 minutes, then sit back and relax while they cook in the oven. Recipe here.
8. Vegan Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies
A little protein never hurt anybody, especially when it comes in such a cute little brownie package. Recipe here.
9. Homemade Goldfish Crackers
Substitute the white flour with whole wheat to make these more nutritious. Recipe here.
10. Baked Banana Chips
A banana snack that won’t end up smushed. Recipe here.
11. Pretzel Sticks
The ingredients are very simple (flour, sugar, water, yeast, and salt), but the process takes a little bit of effort. Double the recipe to get the more pretzels for your time — in an airtight container these guys will last for a week. Pack with some hummus to up the nutrition. Recipe here.
12. Garlic Parmesan Popcorn
Making your own popcorn is so easy, tasty, and inexpensive, you’ll never go back to the boxed stuff. Recipe here.
13. Healthy Brownie Granola Bars
Seven ingredients and no baking. Recipe here.
14. Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients like Vitamins C and D, and these chips are simple to make and use just a little bit of oil. Recipe here.
15. Vegan Rice Krispy Treats
If you’re not a vegan, you can replace the brown rice syrup with honey. And if you’re gluten-free, you can use gluten-free Rice Krispies. Recipe here.
16. Blueberry Cornbread Muffins
Who says muffins are just for breakfast? These use honey instead of refined sugar and the cornmeal adds protein and fiber. Recipe here.
17. Roasted Chickpeas
Tastier and healthier than potato chips, but hits the same *crunch* spot. Flavor according to your kids’ preferences. Recipe here.
18. Oatmeal Bars with Dates and Walnuts
Like a power bar, but made with whole foods and kid-friendly. Recipe here.
19. Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Combines two superfoods: avocados and cocoa powder. (WARNING: BuzzFeed is not responsible for lost tupperware.) Recipe here.
20. Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
It’s fall, y’all! Use the leftovers from pumpkin carving to make a delicious, packable snack. Recipe here.
- A large object discovered Wednesday on the coast of the island of Réunion belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers waiting for ride requests near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour yesterday afternoon. Local authorities are investigating the incident.