2. “You know, my thing is, I’m never gonna look at stats,” Morris said. “Stats are always for losers.”
3. Interesting point! And maybe it’s best that Morris just keeps avoiding those stats — because they paint an interesting picture of Morris as a coach.
17-31 — Morris’ record in three years as head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
22nd — The Redskins’ ranking out of 32 teams in passing touchdowns allowed in 2013, in Morris’ second year coaching the secondary.
20th — The Redskins’ ranking out of 32 teams in passing yards allowed in 2013.
31st — The Redskins’ ranking out of 32 teams in passing touchdowns allowed in 2012, in Morris’ first year coaching the secondary.
30th — The Redskins’ ranking out of 32 teams in passing yards allowed in 2012.
4. In conclusion, Coach Morris is absolutely right: Stats ARE for losers!
A big H/T to the D.C. Sports Bog for bravely watching Redskins offseason content which no blogger should have to watch.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.