FIFA has charged Luis Suárez for biting Italy defender Girogio Chiellini during the World Cup.
On Wednesday, FIFA announced a disciplinary committee had opened an investigation against the Uruguay player.
If Suarez is found to have been assaulting an opponent, he would be punished with a ban of at least two matches up to a maximum of 24 months.
2. Luis Suárez appeared to bite Italy’s Giorgio Chiellini in the 80th minute of the final group stage match for both teams.
3. Chiellini came up showing off the apparent bite marks on his left shoulder.
5. Other angles appear to more clearly show the marks.
6. Suárez came up holding his teeth after the play.
8. After the game, Chiellini had harsh words for FIFA.
9. Twitter users responded about the way you’d expect — with a mix of vampire jokes and photoshopped images.
17. Then the brands starting chiming in.
That translates to, “Hi, Luis Suárez, if you’re still hungry, come take a bite of a Big Mac.”
- North Korea launched a rocket that the country said was carrying a satellite. Some critics think it was a way to test prohibited missile technology.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and the gloves were off 🇺🇸
- And Super Bowl Sunday has arrived. The Denver Broncos will take on the Carolina Panthers at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California at 6:30 ET 🏈