FIFA has charged Luis Suárez for biting Italy defender Girogio Chiellini during the World Cup.
On Wednesday, FIFA announced a disciplinary committee had opened an investigation against the Uruguay player.
If Suarez is found to have been assaulting an opponent, he would be punished with a ban of at least two matches up to a maximum of 24 months.
2. Luis Suárez appeared to bite Italy’s Giorgio Chiellini in the 80th minute of the final group stage match for both teams.
3. Chiellini came up showing off the apparent bite marks on his left shoulder.
5. Other angles appear to more clearly show the marks.
6. Suárez came up holding his teeth after the play.
8. After the game, Chiellini had harsh words for FIFA.
9. Twitter users responded about the way you’d expect — with a mix of vampire jokes and photoshopped images.
17. Then the brands starting chiming in.
That translates to, “Hi, Luis Suárez, if you’re still hungry, come take a bite of a Big Mac.”
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️