1. This is Raïs M’Bolhi. He’s the goalie for Algeria.
2. You remember this Landon Donovan goal in the 91st minute?
3. He was the one who let it in.
4. Yeah, that’s the kind of moment that typically defines an entire career.
5. Except that M’Bolhi got a second chance in the World Cup — four years later in the round of 16 against Germany.
6. And he turned in the performance of a lifetime.
7. Germany took 14 shots on goal, and M’Bohli made 12 saves. Many were spectacular.
8. Except that Germany’s Andre Schuerrle scored — in the 92nd minute, one minute later than the goal Donovan scored four years earlier to eliminate Algeria — and Germany went on to win, 2-1.
9. Another great performance, another loss.
10. Sorry, Raïs.
- Civil rights attorneys filed a lawsuit seeking a court order for footage of the fatal shooting of Jamar Clark in Minneapolis.
- Robocalls from John Kasich's campaign to voters on a do-not-call list sparked complaints to New Hampshire's attorney general 🇺🇸
- Thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰