1. This is Raïs M’Bolhi. He’s the goalie for Algeria.
2. You remember this Landon Donovan goal in the 91st minute?
3. He was the one who let it in.
4. Yeah, that’s the kind of moment that typically defines an entire career.
5. Except that M’Bolhi got a second chance in the World Cup — four years later in the round of 16 against Germany.
6. And he turned in the performance of a lifetime.
7. Germany took 14 shots on goal, and M’Bohli made 12 saves. Many were spectacular.
8. Except that Germany’s Andre Schuerrle scored — in the 92nd minute, one minute later than the goal Donovan scored four years earlier to eliminate Algeria — and Germany went on to win, 2-1.
9. Another great performance, another loss.
10. Sorry, Raïs.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›