My critique of Fox’s new ad for the Acer Aspire S5:
• it should be half as long
• it’s really not very funny/interesting
• Fox has zero on-screen charisma, and makes for a puzzling spokesperson
otherwise, I adored it.
The commercial (hopefully, a shortened version) breaks this week in the U.S., U.K., China, Russia, German and France.
Much better was the first spot in the campaign featuring Jack Bauer: cupcake baker.
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- Missouri executed Roderick Nunley Tuesday night for a 1989 rape and murder. It was the state's sixth execution this year, and the nation's 20th. ›