My critique of Fox’s new ad for the Acer Aspire S5:
• it should be half as long
• it’s really not very funny/interesting
• Fox has zero on-screen charisma, and makes for a puzzling spokesperson
otherwise, I adored it.
The commercial (hopefully, a shortened version) breaks this week in the U.S., U.K., China, Russia, German and France.
Much better was the first spot in the campaign featuring Jack Bauer: cupcake baker.
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›