1. Float fruity eyeballs in your drink.
Recipe: Dark and Stormy Death Punch.
2. Make your shot look like a hemorrhaging brain.
Schnapps, Bailey’s, and grenadine don’t mix. Like, actually, they do NOT mix. Instructions here.
3. Model your martini after candy corn.
No guarantees that it’ll taste good.
Recipe: Halloween Candy Corn Cocktail.
4. Candy corn jell-o shots, anyone?
Recipe: Candy Corn Jell-O Shots.
5. Or, just straight-up infuse the candy corn into some vodka.
Full instructions here.
6. Rim your glasses with red-dyed corn syrup.
Warning: STAINS. Instructions here.
7. Serve black cocktails in black-rimmed glasses.
Recipe: Black Heart Cider.
9. Give people the creepy-crawlies by putting black licorice strings in martinis.
Recipe: Black Widow Martini.
10. Take shots of blood.
Blood orange liquor, that is. Instructions here.
11. Use pickled beets as garnish for a “bleeding heart” effect
Recipe: Bleeding Heart Martini.
12. Make an “eyeball highball” by stuffing radishes with olives, then freezing them into ice cubes
13. Put pomegranate seeds in a red cocktail, and they’ll look like bloody teeth.
Recipe: Bloody Tooth Cocktail.
15. Rim a glass with halloween-themed sprinkles.
16. Make black and orange minosas.
Black food coloring + vodka = black vodka. Instructions here.
17. Bacardi 151 is great if you want to set your drink on fire.
Recipe: Fiery Eyeball.
18. Make spider web glasses.
Easy with some glass paint. And you can break them out again next year. Instructions here.
19. Use a rubber glove to make a hand-shaped ice cube.
Recipe: Severed Hand Sangria.
20. Or, fill your punch bowl with “shrunken heads.”
Just carve some apples and float them in whatever punch or sangria you’re serving. Instructions here.