1. You’re super OCD about kitchen organization.
Must. Label. Everything!
2. You always have a sharpie on you.
Again, you just have to label everything.
3. You hate going out to dinner with non-cook friends who think they know everything about food.
5. You eat and drink out of quart containers, even if there are plates and cups available.
So versatile. So wonderful.
6. You know the difference between a chef’s knife, a boning knife, a filet knife, a petty knife, and a paring knife.
9. When you eat at a really great restaurant, you are so in awe because you know how much work went into it.
10. And when you go to a bad restaurant, you are insanely critical.
11. To you, a “family meal” has nothing to do with parents and siblings.
THIS is a family meal.
14. You cook with SO. MUCH. BUTTER.
PSSSST: That’s why restaurant food always tastes so good.
16. You know the magic that is supercharged restaurant equipment.
18. Your favorite kind of shopping doesn’t involve long lines or gross changing rooms.
19. You know how to make it through a 14-hour shift without a single break.
20. You set off the smoke alarm every time you cook at home.
That little exhaust fan is no match for your professional searing skills.
21. You will always be shocked, skeptical, and a little bit paranoid when you receive a compliment from your boss.
22. You’re used to working on birthdays and holidays.
Not that you’ll ever be OK with it.
23. When someone is in your way, you scream, “BEHIND YOU” and expect them to move immediately.
24. You use phone alarms for everything.
25. You get annoyed by TV characters who are supposedly chefs.
A big, clean apartment, tons of non-work friends, and endless free time to hang out with them? Uh, no.
26. When you’re cooking with friends and they start cutting vegetables with dull knives, you die a little inside.
27. The sound of a printer triggers PTSD.
The evil, evil ticket machine.
We've got your WKND covered.
- At least 86 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- Activists are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. ›
- Elections on Sunday are widely expected to hand Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko a fifth term since 1994. ›