It’s Pimm’s O’Clock Somewhere!
Whether or not you’ve been swept up in the royal baby hysteria, you might as well use it as an excuse to buy a bottle of Pimm’s No. 1. A gin-based liqueur with hints of citrus and spice, it is arguably Britain’s most delicious export.
WARNING: Some of these links contain very British ingredients. Also, some measurements are given in (*brace yourselves*) METRIC!
1. Classic Pimm’s Cup
The original. You’ll probably want to make a whole pitcher. Recipe here.
2. Pimm’s Cup Popsicles
Because the Brits can be quite cold, you know? Recipe here.
4. Pimm’s and Strawberry Ice Cream Floats
Although, this is a pretty Americanized spin on things… Recipe here.
5. Grilled Strawberries with Pimm’s and Vanilla Ice Cream
Jolly good. Recipe here.
7. Pimm’s Jelly
“Jelly” = “Jell-O” across the pond. Recipe here.
8. Pimm’s Summer Trifle
“Trifle, trifle, trifle, trifle, trifle…” Repeat 20 times, fast, and you might be able to trick yourself into thinking that you actually are English. This is your future MONARCH being born! Recipe here.
9. Pimm’s Lemon Mojito
Not sure if the Windsors would approve. Recipe here.
10. Pimm’s Cake with Strawberry-Pimms Frosting
Quite posh looking, isn’t it? Recipe here.
11. Wimbledon Roll with Pimm’s Cream
12. Orange Cheesecake with Strawberry and Pimm’s Jelly
13. Cherry & Pimm’s Pie
Cut me just a smidge would you? Recipe here.
14. Pimm’s Granita
A bit plebeian, but delicious nonetheless. Recipe here.
15. Pimm’s Soaked “Union Jack” Fruit Tart
16. Pimm’s Cake Pop Truffles
Smashing. Recipe here.
17. Black Pimm’s Cup
A splash of port makes this cocktail strong enough to get a tad bit tipsy. Recipe here.
19. Strawberry and Pimm’s Jam
Perhaps you could smear it on a scone, with some Earl Grey? Recipe here.
20. Pimm’s Eton Mess
21. Baked Strawberry Cheesecake with Pimm’s Jelly and Minted-Chili Syrup
Looks like a royal pain in the arse to make, but probably well worth it. Recipe here.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›