1. Shrimp Brain Cocktail
Because really, nothing is creepier than savory food in a Jell-O mold. Recipe here.
2. Pumpkin Cheese Balls
Coat a cheeseball with paprika, and garnishe with a little piece of scallion green. Recipe here.
3. Monster Mucus
Shuck oysters, reserve juices, pour everything into a tall pitcher. Definitely scary. Instructions here.
4. Deviled Egg “Eyeballs”
Just make regular deviled eggs (here’s how), the top with a slice of black olive and a caper, and streak them with red food coloring.
5. Guacamole From a Pumpkin.
Cool? Eww? I don’t know, but it’s definitely festive. All you need is a carved pumpkin, some chips, and your favorite guacamole.
10. Spider Web Dip
Just some 7-layer dip, with a sour cream spider web on top. Instructions here.
11. Frankenstein Appetizer
As long as you’re okay with eating cheese that’s been dyed green. Instructions here.
12. Carrot Rice Ball Mini Jack O’Lanterns
Weird, BUT… The idea of cooking the rice in carrot juice to make it orange is pretty great. Recipe here.
20. Cheddar Witches’ Fingers
Redefining finger food. Recipe and instructions here.
21. Candy Corn Cheese Wedges
Candy corn may be a love-it-or-hate-it food, but cheese is a universal favorite. Instructions here.
22. Meat Head
Totally edible, but maybe more of a centerpiece? Recipe here.
23. Worms in Dirt
Sliced hot dogs and black beans? Only because it does look pretty festive. Instructions here.
25. Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup
Recipe and instructions here.
- President Obama apologized to Doctors Without Borders for the airstrike that killed 22 people at a clinic in Afghanistan. ›
- Syrian troops launched a major ground offensive, backed by Russian airstrikes, against opposition forces. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›