WHAT’S IN SEASON:
(This will vary depending on time of the month and where you live.)
2. S’mores Fudge Pops
S’mores are so hot right now, but personally I think they need to chill out. Recipe here.
4. Jalapeño Pickle-Brined Fried Chicken
Believe it or not, fried chicken is the perfect picnic food. Recipe here.
5. Jalapeño Cornbread Panzanella Salad
Everybody’s favorite part of a salad is the croutons, so why not just go ahead and make them the main ingredient? Recipe here.
6. Smashed Cayenne and Cornmeal Crusted Fried Okra
8. Red Velvet Cake Layered with Berries
Much prettier than a Cool Whip flag cake. Recipe here.
9. Mini Roasted Poblano Risotto Cakes with Grilled Corn Salsa
10. Herb and Pistachio Falafel
Vegetarians, rejoice! Recipe here.
11. Grilled Pineapple Relish
Serve with anything. Or, frankly, by itself. Recipe here.
15. Caramelized Peaches and Cream with a Toasted Crumble
19. Dublin Iced Coffee
‘Tis the season for iced coffee and… boozing in the morning? Recipe here.
20. Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Jerk Vinaigrette
23. Salmon Burgers with Quick-Pickled Cucumber Salad
28. Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
Simple and refined. Recipe here.
29. Iced Tea Granita
Regular iced tea is refreshing. Serving it as a granita is a whole new level of summer cool. Recipe here.