2. You will need:
Manischewitz wine, granulated sugar, apples, fresh or frozen cranberries, cinnamon, and nutmeg. (Full recipe at the bottom of this post.)
3. In a medium sauce pot, combine all ingredients except apples.
4. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
5. Reduce the heat to low and let things simmer, uncovered.
6. After 20 minutes, the sauce should look like this:
7. Meanwhile, peel the apples and cut them into approximately 1/2-inch chunks.
Don’t cut the apples too far ahead of time or they’ll turn brown and smushy.
8. Add the apples to the cranberry mixture.
9. Cover, and cook over low heat for another 20 minutes.
10. Remove the cover after 20 minutes and stir. Apples should be mushy, and sauce should look like this:
12. CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Manischewitz Concord Grape wine
4 large Granny Smith apples
In a medium sauce pot, combine cranberries, spices, sugar, and Manischewitz. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Peel and core apples, then cut them into large chunks (approximately 1/2-inch cubes), and add to the cranberry mixture. Cover sauce and continue to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If sauce begins to stick, add water.
Remove from heat and cool to room temperature before serving.
14. See BuzzFeed’s complete Thanksgivukkah menu here.
Photos by Macey J. Foronda
Styling by John Gara
15. Planning on cooking this recipe, or another one from our Thanksgivukkah menu?
That’s awesome! Take a picture of your finished dish, post it to Instagram, and tag it #Thanksgivukkah. The BuzzFeed food editors want to know how things turn out in your home kitchen. And, who knows? Maybe your photo will end up in a BuzzFeed post!