Top it all off with a wasabi and ginger headpiece. Instructions here.
2. Last minute “deviled egg” costume: White T-shirt, yellow fabric, and a pair of devil’s horns.
3. Become a walking croquembouche with coffee filters, tissue paper, and a hoop skirt.
4. Climb into a clear garbage bag full of multicolored balloons for an easy “Bag of Jelly Beans” costume.
Though, no balloon can possibly capture the yellowish white speckle that is the buttered popcorn jelly bean. OR CAN IT??
5. All you need is a strapless dress and some printer paper to be Taco Bell hot sauce.
6. Or, be a Taco Bell burrito by eating your weight in cheap “Mexican” food and saving all the wrappers.
Actually, this girl just befriended an employee for the wrappers. Which sounds much easier, and also less gross than smelling like old burrito.
7. An all-yellow outfit, an umbrella, and a full container of salt makes you the Morton Salt Girl.
8. The easiest ice cream cone costume? Cover a white tank top with multicolored strips of felt, and just wear all beige on the bottom.
9. A red sweater, lots of beige yarn, and some brown pom-poms will turn you into a crazy mess of “spaghetti and meatballs.”
10. A painted white shirt and easy balloon hat = adorable bag of popcorn.
Full instructions here.
11. Craft a cupcake costume with a giant bucket of some art supplies.
Sure, you have to wear a bucket around your waist, but you’ll be the sweetest person at the party. Instructions here.
12. Make a cotton candy costume out of a plain pink dress, polyester pillow stuffing and a can of spray paint.
That Dots costume is pretty cool too.
13. Decorate a blue jacket and a captain’s hat with yellow felt and tassels to be everyone’s favorite cereal mascot.
14. Channel a slice of pizza with construction paper and this dress.
The downside is that you have to stand with your legs three feet apart for the entire night.
15. Make a macaron costume with some polyester pillow stuffing, quilt batting, cardboard, pink cloth, and pink ribbon.
16. Dress like a dragon fruit with a white tube top, a pink skirt, body paint, and a really great hairstyle.
17. Buy a huge stash of Doritos, eat your huge stash of Doritos, then dress as a “huge stash of Doritos.”
The woman pictured actually wore this as a prom dress, but I think it’s Halloween appropriate. No specific instructions, but the process is explained here.