WHAT’S IN SEASON:
This will vary depending on time of the month and where you live:
Pears (late season)
1. Butternut Squash Pizza with Hazelnut Dough
Hazelnut dough? Sure. Recipe here.
2. Coq au Vin
Absolutely my favorite way to eat chicken. If you’ve never tried making this, you really should. Recipe here.
3. Apple Cinnamon Crepes
This is how you get away with eating apple pie for breakfast. Recipe here.
4. Sweet and Spicy Roasted Carrots, Parsnips, and Chickpeas
Roasted root vegetables, welcome back to my regular dinner rotation. Recipe here.
5. Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Dulce de Leche
So many things about this are so, so right. Recipe here.
6. Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower with Cherry Tomatoes and Cannellini Beans
7. Fricassee of Chanterelles
Because pappardelle is the most underrated of all the pastas. Recipe here.
8. Chocolate-Dipped Pears with Almond Crunch
If caramel apples aren’t really your thing. Recipe here.
9. Mortadella and Cheese Panini
12. Crispy Fried Brussels Sprouts with Chili Fish Sauce
14. Brussels Sprout and Chorizo Beer Hash
Because, beer for breakfast. Recipe here.
19. Kale, Cranberry, and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
20. Carrot Cake with Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
22. Roasted Garlic and Parsnip Soup with Lemon Sage Butter
23. Stuffed Pears en Croute
That’s a pear, stuffed with cheese, wrapped in puff pastry, and drizzled with honey. Recipe here.
24. Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Balsamic Sage Brown Butter
25. French Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting
Let the baking season begin. Recipe here.
26. Mashed Potato Cheddar and Chive Waffles
How has this taken so long to figure out? Recipe here.
27. Homemade Apple Cider Cocktail
With booze or without. Recipe here.
30. Brown Butter Pumpkin Seed Espresso Glazed Granola
Rise and shine! Recipe here.