1. Maple Walnut and Saffron Apple Pie
In case you’re (blasphemously) tired of the original. Recipe here.
2. Pork Shoulder Braised with Apples
I want to eat this for dinner. Like, today. Recipe here.
3. Apple Beignets with Caramel Apple Sauce
Aptly pronounced Ben-YAY! Recipe here.
4. Cheesy Apple Pie, Three Ways
Step one: Take a perfect, in-season piece of fruit. Step 2: Hollow it out and stuff it with cheese. Step 3: Cover with buttery puff pastry. Recipe here.
5. Apple-Topped Cake
Need a go-to dinner party dessert? This is it. Recipe here.
6. Apple, Rosemary, and Olive Oil Flatbread
A rainy-day baking project. Recipe here.
7. Super-Easy Applesauce
Like, four ingredients easy. And one of them is water. Recipe here.
8. Apple Tarts with Goat Cheese and Honey
Sweet and savory. Recipe here.
9. Kohlrabi and Apple Salad
Break out of your chopped salad rut. Recipe here.
10. Apple Galette
Easier than pie! Also prettier, I think. Recipe here.
11. Apple Bacon Cheddar Grilled Cheese
Lunch doesn’t have to be boring. Recipe here.
13. Apple Cider Sage Pork Chops with Caramelized Apples
It’s beginning to taste a lot like fall. Recipe here.
17. Cinnamon-Roasted Sweet Potato and Apple Salad with Chicken and Caramel Vinaigrette
20. Hard Apple Cider Sangria
Hard cider is making a comeback. Recipe here.
21. Baked Apple Cuplettes
Portion control at its cutest. Recipe here.
22. Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes with Nutty Topping
23. Rye Galettes with Caramelized Fennel, Apple, and Goat Cheese
This is how you eat pie for dinner. Recipe here.
26. Apple Pie Parfait
Quinoa for breakfast? Yes, indeed. Recipe here.
27. Homemade Apple Butter
You’ll kick yourself for not thinking to do this sooner. Recipe here.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.