1. Breakfast Pasta with Bacon and Poached Eggs
No reason you can’t wake up and dig right in to a giant bowl of spaghetti. Recipe here.
2. Gemelli with Roasted Garlic and Cauliflower
Bold, unexpected ingredients — in this dish, it’s the cumin, raisins, and toasted almonds — can do a pasta good. Recipe here.
3. Parisian Gnocchi with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Corn, and Zucchini
This flour-based gnocchi is far easier than its potato-based cousin; the dough comes together in a pot on the stove, then you squeeze it out of a bag into a pot of boiling water, cutting little dumplings with a knife. Recipe here.
4. Pasta with Yogurt and Caramelized Onions
Yes, yogurt. Recipe here.
5. Linguine with Lemon, Garlic, Thyme, and Mushrooms
It doesn’t look like much, but the genius of the recipe is that the only thing you actually cook is the pasta. Recipe here.
6. Rigatoni with Spicy Calabrese-Style Pork Ragu
8. Bucatini with Butter-Roasted Tomato Sauce
PRO TIP: Roasting canned tomatoes intensifies their flavor. Recipe here.
9. Wild Herb Ravioli
Using egg roll wrappers for homemade ravioli is a shortcut worth remembering. Recipe here.
10. Orecchiette Carbonara with Charred Brussels Sprouts
11. Baked Pasta with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage
Broccoli casseroles are old news. Recipe here.
12. Sweet Potato Bourbon Noodle Kugel
13. Cavatelli with Asiago Oat Crumbs
Breadcrumbs are so 2012. Recipe here.
14. Pumpkin and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
15. Cheesy Baked Pasta with Sweet Potato and Radicchio
Further proof that sweet potatoes belong in everything. Recipe here.
16. Mushroom Bolognese
King oyster mushrooms make a meat-free bolognese that doesn’t disappoint. Recipe here.
17. Pasta con Asparagi
Lesson: The smartest cooks know to to take what’s in season and mess with it as little as possible. Recipe here.
19. Strozzapreti with Spinach and Preserved Lemon
Lemon doesn’t always have to be a supporting cast member; it has real star power. Recipe here.
20. One-Pan Pasta
The vegetables go in the pan with the pasta and water, and the whole thing cooks until the pasta is al dente, the vegetables are soft, and the water is nearly gone. Recipe here.
21. Pappardelle with Duck Sugo
Slightly gamey duck is coated with an herb-heavy puree and tangled with thick, al dente noodles. Recipe here.
22. Orecchiette with Peas, Asparagus, and Mascarpone
Mascarpone and peas really know how to play nice together. Recipe here.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›