30. Air conditioner puppy
Ah, the great rivalry between Soft Coated Wheaton Terriers and automobile air conditioners.
29. Elee, the very talented Shiba Inu
28. This dog who’s willing to give his friend a lift
Take a lesson from this Boston Terrier: always lend a helping hand (or head), even if it’s for a different species.
27. This tiny Pomeranian who just wants to escape
The canine personification of overcoming life’s everyday frustrations.
26. This Dachshund who found himself caught in a sweater
Oscar taught us the valuable lesson that if you put off things (like doing laundry) for long enough, eventually you’ll be trapped by your laziness.
25. Dubstep Dog
It was a big year for dubstep, so of course dogs got in on the action.
24. This proud mama dog
This German Shepherd exemplifies the joy of motherhood. LOOK WHAT SHE MADE!
23. The Golden Retriever who guarded his owner’s bike
As politely as possible, of course. AND THEN HE HITCHED A RIDE!
22. This very helpful lab
Visiting the vet is never fun, but having a lab as a receptionist kinda makes up for it.
21. This lucky dog
Ever wonder what Heaven is like? This lab gives us a preview.
20. Penny, who can play fetch by herself
If only we could all find such happiness by ourselves.
19. Mudd, the Bulldog on a trampoline
Such joi de vivre is rarely experienced by humans.
18. Jiff, the happiest Pomeranian in the world
This year Boo got some serious competition for “cutest Pom.”
17. The Bantha Pug
This year Wampug got a costume upgrade, and there was much rejoicing.
16. This dog kissing a dolphin
One of the most important interspecies love affairs of the year.
15. Ramen Noodle, the armless Toy Poodle
Ramen Noodle’s live may have started rough, but his story illustrates one of the best things about animals: their utter lack of self-pity.
14. This incredibly happy dog
He taught us to stop and appreciate the simple joys of life and encouraged us to spend some time enjoying nature.
13. This English Pointer, who helped his human get a drink of water
Man’s best friend, indeed.
12. The dog who will steal your soul
It’s so cute OH GOD WHY.
11. Corgnelius the Corgi
It’s pretty obvious why Corgnelius was counted amongst the most influential corgis of 2012.
10. Zeus, the world’s tallest dog
This Great Dane measures a giant 7’4 on his hind legs. He’s practically a horse.
9. Meysi, the world’s smallest dog
This teensy Yorkie mix is roughly the size of a hamster, which is both weird and adorable.
8. Loca, the Pug who couldn’t run
There is nothing to say about Loca, other than there has never been a greater Pug. For the curious, Loca’s inability to run is caused by a neurological disorder called ataxia, which in most cases is neither life-threatening nor painful.
7. Lawyer dog
One of the most popular macros this year, Lawyer Dog bills by the hour. Luckily, he prefers to get paid in milkbones and belly scratches.
6. This slightly suspicious dog
He’s not buying what you’re selling.
5. Shiba Confessions
Clearly, the most important Shiba Inu tumblr of the year, if not ever.
4. This puppy experiencing growing pains
Growing up sucks. :(
2. Maddie the Coonhound
Maddie travels around the country standing on things, and it’s beautiful. Seriously. She stands on everything!
1. Best Dog Of 2012: Maymo the Lemon Beagle
It was a huge year for this handsome but naughty canine. Maymo gained popularity when he stole a cabbage from a table, but really came into his own when dog shaming became popular.
Dog shaming, where people submit pictures of their dogs along with notes explaining the horribly naughty things they do, was the year’s biggest dog trend.
Maymo earned his title as Best Dog of 2012 by being featured in the ultimate dog shaming video.
Good job, Maymo!
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›