1. Make your own garment rack with steel pipes.
2. Make an easy travel pillbox with a contacts container.
Image by Frances Janisch at Real Simple.
3. Need a makeshift iron? Cover a pot with tinfoil, heat it on the stove for 15 seconds, and now you’ve got a makeshift iron.
4. Here’s a really easy way to make a stylus for your touchscreen phone.
5. Make your own reclosable bag with the top of a water bottle.
7. You don’t need any fancy products when you dye your hair. Just use petroleum jelly to keep the dye from staining your head.
8. You don’t need to go to a salon to get the glitter off your nails!
11. A simple DIY way to get rid of ants: Chalk
Most chalks contain calcium carbonate, which ants don’t like.
12. Restore your old car headlights with toothpaste.
Just put a little toothpaste on a sponge, and scrub the lights in a circular motion. Pour water on the lights, and wipe off excess toothpaste with a paper towel.
13. A DIY flash diffuser made out of a cigarette packet
14. Here’s a simple DIY teeth whitener trick
Mix together a little toothpaste, one teaspoon of baking soda, one teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide, and a half a teaspoon of water. Brush your teeth for two minutes. Do this once a week until you have the desired results. After your teeth look nice, limit the treatment once a month or two.
15. Here’s a chemical-free way to get rid of slugs in your garden.
Inspired by Campbell’s Go™ soups! They’re so close to the real thing, you won’t believe it!