1. Introduced in 1987, the Talking Pee-Wee Herman doll was the most successful and memorable item to come from the popular Saturday morning show’s tie-in merchandise.
2. Made by Matchbox Toys, the doll stood 17 1/4 inches tall and came dressed in Pee-Wee’s classic grey houndstooth suit, red bowtie, and white buck shoes; with the head and hands made of vinyl.
With a pull of the string he would say six classic Pee-Wee lines: “I’m Pee Wee Herman!,” “Helllooooo,” “Made you look!,” “Ha-Ha!,” “I know you are, but what am I?” and the all-purpose yell “AAAARGH!”
3. The Talking Pee-Wee Doll continued to be popular toy into the early ’90s, but after Paul Reubens’ very public arrest in Florida, it led to him retiring the popular character and the toys being pulled from the shelves.
4. Today on eBay or Esty the Talking Pee-Wee doll ranges from, $19 for loose out of the box, to anywhere between $75 to $200 for a mint in the box.
5. Talking Pee-Wee Herman commercial:
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- It could take more than a year for Volkswagen to fix all its cars with diesel engines rigged to evade emissions tests, the company's U.S. CEO said. ›