1. Introduced in 1987, the Talking Pee-Wee Herman doll was the most successful and memorable item to come from the popular Saturday morning show’s tie-in merchandise.
2. Made by Matchbox Toys, the doll stood 17 1/4 inches tall and came dressed in Pee-Wee’s classic grey houndstooth suit, red bowtie, and white buck shoes; with the head and hands made of vinyl.
With a pull of the string he would say six classic Pee-Wee lines: “I’m Pee Wee Herman!,” “Helllooooo,” “Made you look!,” “Ha-Ha!,” “I know you are, but what am I?” and the all-purpose yell “AAAARGH!”
3. The Talking Pee-Wee Doll continued to be popular toy into the early ’90s, but after Paul Reubens’ very public arrest in Florida, it led to him retiring the popular character and the toys being pulled from the shelves.
4. Today on eBay or Esty the Talking Pee-Wee doll ranges from, $19 for loose out of the box, to anywhere between $75 to $200 for a mint in the box.
5. Talking Pee-Wee Herman commercial:
- Kids in California schools can no longer be opted out of vaccination on religious or personal grounds under a new law.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president. He's the 14th Republican in the race.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.
- And Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck have decided to divorce after 10 years of marriage. ?