1. Every kid remembers The Smurfs, the smurfing ’80s cartoon about a commune of blue woodland creature-hippies that lived in mushrooms.
2. They were a happy bunch, that for the most part lived a peaceful existence.
3. But in a 2005 commercial for UNCIEF, things got dark for our beloved Smurfs.
4. The commercial starts off with the familiar peaceful forrest setting, just like the intro to the series.
5. We then cut to a typical Smurf scene, were they are celebrating like usual.
6. But then, out nowhere, bombs drop on the Smurfs!
7. And the Smurf Village is completly destroyed — along with several smurfing casualties.
8. The ad that accompanied the commercial wasn’t much better:
9. Sadly, it looks like Smurfette and whatever Smurf that is on the right did not survive.
10. Check out the entire destruction of the Smurfs here:
11. And this will be pretty much your reaction:
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›