1. Every kid remembers The Smurfs, the smurfing ’80s cartoon about a commune of blue woodland creature-hippies that lived in mushrooms.
2. They were a happy bunch, that for the most part lived a peaceful existence.
3. But in a 2005 commercial for UNCIEF, things got dark for our beloved Smurfs.
4. The commercial starts off with the familiar peaceful forrest setting, just like the intro to the series.
5. We then cut to a typical Smurf scene, were they are celebrating like usual.
6. But then, out nowhere, bombs drop on the Smurfs!
7. And the Smurf Village is completly destroyed — along with several smurfing casualties.
8. The ad that accompanied the commercial wasn’t much better:
10. Check out the entire destruction of the Smurfs here:
11. And this will be pretty much your reaction:
In The News Today
- A flash flood emergency has been issued Sunday in Charleston, South Carolina. More than 16 inches of rain fell in some areas. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›