1. Every kid remembers The Smurfs, the smurfing ’80s cartoon about a commune of blue woodland creature-hippies that lived in mushrooms.
2. They were a happy bunch, that for the most part lived a peaceful existence.
3. But in a 2005 commercial for UNCIEF, things got dark for our beloved Smurfs.
4. The commercial starts off with the familiar peaceful forrest setting, just like the intro to the series.
5. We then cut to a typical Smurf scene, were they are celebrating like usual.
6. But then, out nowhere, bombs drop on the Smurfs!
7. And the Smurf Village is completly destroyed — along with several smurfing casualties.
8. The ad that accompanied the commercial wasn’t much better:
10. Check out the entire destruction of the Smurfs here:
11. And this will be pretty much your reaction:
In The News Today
- President Obama on Monday declared a major disaster in South Carolina, where floods have killed at least 12 people and left tens of thousands stranded. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›