1. This is how you probably remember Chuck E. Cheese’s main girl Helen Henny:
2. In the ’90s she was a glamorous purple lamé wearing backup singer — who was there to wish you a happy birthday.
3. She also might have been hooking up with Chuck E.
4. And yes, sometimes she looked like a creepy coked-out mess.
5. But the 1978 version of Helen was creepy on a whole other level.
6. With an evil face to terrorize the children celebrating their birthdays.
7. “I will see you in your dreams!”
(Obviously eyes Photoshopped to emphasize terror.)
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.