1. Food Fighters was an action figure line released by Mattel in 1988. The line consisted of ten figures that were divided into two armies:
2. The “good guys” were the Kitchen Commandos, lead by Burgerdier General.
3. And the “bad guys” Refrigerator Rejects, lead by Mean Weener.
4. Other figures in line included, Private Pizza, Lieutenant Legg, Fat Frenchy, Taco Terror and Chip the Ripper.
5. Food Fighters commercial (in French):
6. There were even plans to release their very own refrigerator playset, complete with “frozen popsicle” missiles and “juice can” bombs. But, the playset never came to fruition.
7. Unlike other toy lines at the time, Food Fighters was not associated with a cartoon, comic book or movie. The toys failed to catch on and by 1989 the line was discontinued.
Here Are The Top Stories
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.