3. The provocative ads were seen on television, in print, on billboards and…
4. …on city buses. The highly visible campaign stirred controversy and generated immediate backlash.
5. At best the campaign looked like amateur porn, but most parent groups felt that the images along with the [creepy] commercials were borderline child porn.
The company faced additional backlash from child welfare authorities, leaders of the Catholic League, journalists and the American Family Association.
Source: The New York Times
6. Prompted by complaints the Justice Department was forced to open an investigation into whether or not the company had violated any child pornography laws. The investigation was dropped when the company provided proof that all the models were adults.
Source: Los Angeles Times
8. Collection of Calvin Klein Jeans commercials:
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire, and it got intense.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast ❄️