1. Ringing in 1978 that night at Studio 54:
2. The unofficial Queen of Studio 54 Bianca Jagger (sans husband Mick), who is seen here trying to have a conversation with the iconic Andy Warhol.
Bianca was a regular at Studio 54; she famously rode into the club atop a white horse for her 30th birthday. An iconic moment that Lady Gaga recently paid tribute to at this year’s AMA
3. Legendary fashion designer, and Studio 54 regular, Halston, greeting an unidentified guest (who is rocking a serious Katniss braid).
Halston was the premiere designer of the 1970s. His jersey dresses were popular in the disco scene.
4. Singer and actress Liza Minnelli chilling with her hubby, producer Jack Haley Jr.
Fun fact: Liza and Jack’s parents co-starred together in The Wizard of Oz. His father, Jack Haley, played the Tin Man, while her mother, Judy Garland, played Dorothy.
5. Even Michael Jackson was there!
6. Clearly no decade partied harder than the ’70s.
- The South Carolina Senate voted 37-3 in the first vote to remove the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds. The bill is expected to pass a two-thirds majority in its third reading on Tuesday, then move to the House.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.