1. In 1981, long before Sarah was kicking vampire ass, she starred in Burger King’s first television advertising campaign.
2. In the commercials she (adorably) calls out McDonald’s for having small hamburgers.
3. The commercials were the first ads to ever call out a competitor by name. McDonald’s was not pleased and sued Burger King — they also named Sarah as part of the lawsuit.
4. Burger King eventually settled out of court.
5. But unfortunately for Sarah, she was no longer allowed to eat at the Golden Arches. In 2004 she told the Sunday Express, “McDonald’s is where all your friends have their birthday parties, so I missed out on a lot of apple pie.”
6. Sarah’s Burger King commercial:
7. Sarah along with Lea Thompson and Elisabeth Shue in a Christmas themed commercial:
In The News Today
- President Obama is one vote away from sealing a historic nuclear deal with Iran after two Democratic senators backed the agreement. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- Missouri executed Roderick Nunley Tuesday night for a 1989 rape and murder. It was the state's sixth execution this year, and the nation's 20th. ›