1. In 1982, Disney jumped on aerobics trend and released the exercise album Mousercise. The record was a mix of updated classic Disney songs along with characters giving exercise instructions.
2. The album included an instructional booklet with “Mousercises” (exercises).
3. The album was a success and in 1983 it led to the creation of one of the first Disney Channel original TV series, Mousercise.
4. Mousercise aired weekday mornings and was hosted by Kellyn Plasschaert. The show featured regular segments on exercise, safety, health and nutrition.
5. It also featured Mickey Mouse, along with other Disney characters exercising with a group of kids.
6. You could even get your own membership certificate to Mousercise.
7. In 1985, they released a Mousercise home video.
8. Disney also marketed other Mousercise related items as well, like coloring books…
10. …And even special events at Disneyland.
11. Mousercise (like the aerobics trend) slowly faded away in the late ’80s.
12. Disney tried to re-launch a new updated Mousercise in 2005, but it never caught on.
13. Mousercise record commercial:
14. “Mousercise Medley”:
15. Mousercise intro:
In The News Today
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there.. ›
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›