1. Alfred Hitchcock made cameo appearances in 39 of his 52 major films. The cameos became a trademark of his films, and a big hit with audiences - who often made a sport of trying to spot him.
2. Eventually Hitchcock made the decision to place the cameos earlier in his films, as to not distract the audience from the plot.
In a 1966 interview Hitchcock said of his cameos:
“I always give a little thought to my appearances and come on as early as possible— don’t want to hold them in suspense for the wrong reason! I’ve been in all my films on and off. Missed a few. Only cancelled one.”
3. Every Alfred Hitchcock cameo supercut:
- A boat packed with mainly African migrants bound for Italy sank off the Libyan coast on Thursday and officials fear over 100 people might have died, Reuters reports. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday 🌐 ›