1. This week marks a big milestone for Donald Duck: It’s the 80th anniversary of his debut in Silly Symphonies’ “The Wise Little Hen.”
2. In honor of the celebration of this milestone, we take a look at some storyboard sketches for a never-produced late 1930s Donald Duck short.
3. Titled The Delivery Boy, the cartoon was originally intended to be a short about Donald delivering groceries…
4. …but in 1943, instead of centering on Donald delivering groceries, the plot was revised to revolve around mechanical marionette dolls…
5. …that were also bobby-soxers (?!). In the end, Walt Disney abandoned what seemed to be developing into a rather interesting short. No reason is known why the short was never made.
6. Check out more story sketches from The Delivery Boy over at Disney’s official fan club, D23.
8. Watch Donald Duck’s debut in “The Wise Little Hen”:
- Thousands of rallies for climate change action were held around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris.›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›