“Grunge Street Fighter”
The reason for the mash-up according to the artist Butcher Billy :
As a teenager in the early 90’s I was exposed to a lot of the aggression coming from the distorted guitars, growling vocals and angst-filled lyrics of the grunge movement, emerging to shake things up in the music scene from that time.
Meanwhile the gaming scenario was dominated by the cuteness of Super Mario until the arrival of Street Fighter - players turned head-to-head combat into the primary game mode, only to be smashed by a Lightning Kick, a Sonic Boom, a Tiger Uppercut or the popular Hadouken.
This is a collection of pieces combining the two universes - under the concept the devastating special attack combos were as aggressive and mind-boggling as grunge’s powerful and heavily distorted guitar riff.
1. Dave Grohl (Nirvana) as Ryu
“You must defeat Courtney Love to stand a chance.”
2. Layne Staley (Alice in Chains) as Blanka
3. Courtney Love (Hole) as Chun-Li
“I’m the strongest woman in this miss world.”
4. Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam) as Zangief
“My strength is a even flow!”
5. Billy Corgan (The Smashing Pumpkins) as Dhalsim
“I will meditate, and then secretly destroy you.”
6. Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots) as Guile
“Are you man enough to fight me? Because here I come, I come, I come!”
7. Kurt Cobain (Nirvana) as Ken
“Attack me if you dare, I’m not gonna crack!”
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Authorities reportedly raided the Indiana home of Jared Fogle, the face of many Subway sandwich advertisements.
- European leaders are holding an emergency summit today to discuss Greece's debt crisis.